- spinach or spring mix greens or lettuce of your choice
- spring onions or chopped sweet onion
- sprouts or radishes and other veggies of your choice
- black olives
- grated raw beet
- goat cheese or other meltable cheese
- Sprinkle of EVOO and a good Balsamic vinegar
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Build your salad in an oven safe bowl. Pop in a toaster oven for approx. 5 minutes, or until greens are wilted and cheese is melty.
Also good to add in prior to baking:
Rehydrated Sun Dried Tomatoes
(You can rehydrate your dried tomatoes in different ways. For basic use you soak them in water for 1 to 2 hours at room temperature as needed- this should be long enough to fully rehydrate them. Boiling water will speed up the process. For longer soaking times be sure to stick them in the refrigerator.
- Try soaking them in vegetable stock.
- Be inventive and try rehydrating them with wine!
- Use the liquid from soaking in your recipes like a vegetable stock.
- Pour a mixture of one half vinegar and one half boiling water over them and let them soak for five to ten minutes. Drain thoroughly then mix with a good olive oil seasoned with a few pieces of a sliced clove of garlic and marjoram leaves. Let them marinate for 24 hours in the refrigerator before using. (Very good in salads and pasta dishes!)