- 2 tsp ghee
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 1/2 cup yellow mung dahl beans, uncooked
- 1-1/2 cups water (or homemade sodium-free vegetable broth)
- 1-15 oz can tomatoes, crushed
- 1 tsp cumin seeds (or 1/2 tsp powdered)
- 1 tsp oregano, dried
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 1/4 cup guacamole (see link below for recipe)
- 1/2 cup cilantro, freshly chopped (optional)
- 1 splash lime (optional)
In a medium saucepan, sauté the onion and garlic in ghee until tender.
Add mung beans, tomatoes, and water with spices. Bring to a boil. Cover. Reduce heat to low. Simmer 15–30 minutes, or until lentils are tender.
Garnish with cilantro, lime, and guacamole.
Beans are best eaten less of in the winter months — except for mung beans and lentils. Here is a nice warming chili recipe made with mung beans for the winter months.
High quality salts, herbs, spices & can be found here.