- 1 whole fennel -- I use the bulb too
- 1/2 cup pine nuts - raw or toasted
- 2-4 cloves garlic depending on how garlicky you like it
- Generous pinch of salt
- zest of lime
- Juice of 1/2 - 1 whole lime
- 1/4 cup approx. organic EVOO
- Opt. 1/2 cup grated pecorino cheese.
This pesto is good with our without the cheese.
Smash and peel your garlic, and let it rest. Toss it in your food processor.
Add the nuts and cheese, lime and zest, and salt. Pulse a few times to blend.
Add the fennel and the oil and blend until smooth.
Delicious on fish and seafood (try it without cheese on fish and seafood) and also delicious is pasta or used as a dip.