- Sliced or grated Cabbage - any kind works head cabbage, napa cabbage, red cabbage or a combination
- Carrot or Radish grated (I like radish)
- Red Onion, minced
- 1 TBSP Apple Cider Vinegar (with the mother)
- 1 TBSP Lemon Juice
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup buttermilk -- see below for a quick way to make your own. I have also substituted 2 TBSP of sour cream for the buttermilk
- 2-3 TBSP Dill Weed
- 2-3 TBSP Extra Virgin Organic Olive Oil
- Optional: 1 can sliced green olives
- salt and pepper to taste
Prepare all your veggies and mix them together in a big bowl.
To make buttermilk combine 1/4 cup milk or heavy cream with 1 tsp lemon juice and let sit for 10 minutes.
Combine all ingredients (except veggies) and stir together, then pour over cabbage mixture, refrigerate for a couple hours before serving.
Here is recipe to make your own mayonnaise – if you purchase mayonnaise make sure you get from a company that does not use GMO soybean oil, this oil is highly inflammatory in your body. Many cleaner companies are now using avocado oil to make their mayonnaise.
This is delicious as a bed of coleslaw under fish. This is a fresh piece of ono (white Hawaiian fish) in the picture.