- 1-1/2 cups organic Ricotta Cheese from humanely treated cows!
- 1/2 Lemon juice squeezed. Preferably a Meyers Lemon. If you don't have one then use a full lemon
- 1-2 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 tsp approx. Fresh Thyme
- 1 TBSP approx. of Lemon Zest grated
- 1/2 - 1 tsp Fresh Rosemary, finely chopped
- A few grinds of course ground black peppercorns
- Pinch of Cayenne pepper
- For Garnish and dipping:
- Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Course ground Black Pepper
- Sea Salt
- Toasted bread or vegetables for dipping
Preheat oven to 3500. In medium baking dish stir together ricotta, lemon juice, mustard, thyme, lemon zest, rosemary, black pepper, and cayenne.
Bake 15-20 minutes or until edges are bubbly and ricotta is slightly browned.
To serve garnish with olive oil, salt and pepper.
Ricotta cheese is a whey milk protein. This is an excellent source of protein that is absorbed well by people who can digest dairy.
You can get good ricotta here.
You can get high quality organic olive oils here.
And here is a good (and easy) recipe for making your own dijon style mustard.