Our FIRST Yoga, Float, and Camp Trip On the Susquehanna
August 14-15, 2010
$70.00 per person for a shared canoe (2 per boat)
Price includes canoe rental and shuttle service from Susquehanna Outfitters (they gave us a special Yoga Rate :), Saturday night dinner and Sunday morning breakfast and other miscellaneous supplies . . .
Organized by Sally Schach and Bobbi Misiti
Saturday August 14
- 10:00am Yoga at Befit Yoga
- 12:00 noon leave from the studio (Susquehanna Outfitters will pick up/drop off there)
- 1:00pm approx. On the water in Duncannon
- 4:00pm Land on an Island and set up camp for the night (this is rustic camping!) The island is approx. 1 mile above the Dauphin Narrows (near where the statue of liberty sits in the river, it is part of the Susquehanna River Trail System). The islands are first come first serve basis–there are 3 to 4 camping islands to choose from
- 6:30 Vegetarian Dinner and Camp Fire, explore the island, etc.
Sunday August 15
- 8:00am Rise and Shine
- 9:00 Breakfast and pack up
- 10:00 On the water
- 12:00n Land at Fort Hunger
- Shuttle back to Studio arriving approx. 1:00
What you need to bring:
Lunch for Saturday (and Sunday if you need it), Tent, sleeping bag, overnight supplies, water bottle, swim suits, fishing gear (if you have license), more info coming once registered.